Friday 20 April 2012

CRITICAL THINKING OR REASONING SKILLS?



Actually, this topic is the first topic in my READINGS.

You know? I currently practice this skill in my daily life. Here, I want to announce that I am proud that I can define which one is my best decision. J

By right, let me share some basic knowledge about these powerful skills.

1.    CRITICAL THINKING – decision making process. Here, easy to understand, a scientist and professor like Albert Einstein who is the theoretical physicist that developed the theory of general relatively and Wright Siblings, that invented and build the world’s first successful airplane, were the examples of critical thinking person. Why? Basically, both of them think critically from aim of experiment, hypothesis, cause and effect, respondent variable, manipulated variable, recommendation and solution for their experiment. So, the same thing goes with us. Critical thinking is when we carefully considering a problem, claim, question or situation in order to determine the best solution for our problems.

2.    REASONING SKILLS – motive or cause of something. Basically, reasoning skills ask you to use good sense and base your reasons on facts, evidence or logical conclusions rather than just your emotions. All your decision doesn’t influence by your emotion and you are mature enough to think out of the box. As ‘Napoleon Hill’ said: ‘The person who thinks before he acts seldom has to apologize for his acts.’

Now, I am in situation that required me to think critically and I need to make decision based on reasoning skills.


GROOMING CLASS
TRAINING CAMP
21/04/2012
21/04/2012
RM 40.00
Free of charge
Not my interest/taste
Based on my interest/taste
Basically, new knowledge that I gain from this grooming class, can help me to perform and expose myself well in the future. Although I am 100% girl, honestly to say that I am innocent in using make up. Even if you ask me what the function of foundation is, I just afford to smile as an answer of your question. I am proud to born as a girl, but I am not interested with girlish things such as handbag, pink color, makeup and also heels.
By right, adventure is my interest. It is not about I am too brave. But, adventure makes me learn lots of new things. As usual, when I went to ‘Kem 505’ I will learn many new things that I will never get in during my class session. Military discipline, plan for strategic attack, M16, steyr and tactic class were some examples of new knowledge that I gain from this training camp. I am comfort to be there and I am excited to go there every week.
ACTIVITY: used to stay under air condition. Just be a listener and will do some practical part, but, still not interested.
ACTIVITY: challenging activity, under hot sun. Rather than be a listener, the trainer also will punish me because of my mistake. For sure, I love it when the trainer asks me to do more exercise since I can burn my cholesterol. Healthy lifestyle is important, right?
 
If you were me, what is your choice?
Attend grooming class or training camp?

After think critically I am decided to go ‘Kem 505’ this weekend. I don’t want to waste my money for something that I am not interested in. Besides, without makeup I still look beautiful, since I am beautiful as me. J

So, do I make decision based on critical thinking skills or reasoning skills? Yes, for sure I made it based on my critical thinking skills and I will never regret my decision. Happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment